- Automate Snapshot Deployment by integrating your project in a CI system (like Hudson)
- Isolate Local Repositories using use -Dmaven.repo.local=xxxx option to define the unique local repositories for each build.
- Regularly Purge Local Repositories (mvn dependency:purge-local-repository)
- Enable Batch Mode with the -B option to reduce log size
- Enable Full Stack Traces (-e) when there's a build error
- Print Test Failures to Standard Output (in your settings.xml :
- Always check for Snapshots (-U option); useful when your project is split in modules and libraries. This ensures you always have the last dependency library release on your project.
Click here to see the full post : http://blogs.sonatype.com/people/2009/01/maven-continuous-integration-best-practices/